Friday, March 6, 2020

The Difference Between Needs and Wants

By Jaidon Carranza

I remember it all

Like the time you sang "Hey There Delilah"
It made my heart sing and dance and it crawled to my throat
I couldn't stop smiling
Sometimes I wish I could hear your song one more time
But it's not what I need
Just what I want
The beginning was great
The start of a new chapter
I was so happy
But it grew old, and you got bored
Some other girls caught your interest
Was I not good enough?
How come we both haven't found someone new
You cheated
You lied
You left me on read
Yet you still haven't found someone new
I'm one to talk
I can't forget the memories of me and you
It's glued to my thoughts
But then I remember 
When I heard what you did from someone else
Not you
I just knew something was up
Those last couple of months
Why did I let 7 months of toxicity and ignorance drag on for so long
Nobody's perfect
I guess it's time for court
The judge said I'm guilty 
He said I'm guilty of so many things
Of not moving on
If telling myself I could do better
But honestly 
You were the best thing that happened to me
And I'll never forget you
As much as I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment