Thursday, March 28, 2024

People claim that drama and power cannot come from love
Or if it does, it is because it is broken
But I see in her eyes of forest hues the strength of it
To sit in a field and have the sun beat down on you
To hold her hand and feel her warmth fill my blood
I do not feel the need to tell her
For like glass, her love could shatter
It will light you on fire when the sun hits it just right
But a thrown stone will ruin its magnificence
The smell of smoke and grape hyacinth
The joy of sharing all I know
All I know
All I know is that I love her
I will be satisfied with just being by her side
I do not need her to be "mine" for she already is
My best friend, my joy, my love
I will destroy those who would dare harm her
All while giving her flowers and caramel
She is my life
My past, my present, my future
Should she pass, I will follow, just as the moon follows the earth
Her silent love is what I know and what I will take
And she will have my musical love
An orchestra to her
That falls on silent ears

-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment