Thursday, December 9, 2021

The Blur

My days are made up of hurry,

busy, rush, and worry.

Life is living me, and

I dream of being free.

Free of fast and tracking time,

free of working for a dime.

Hustle, bustle, go, go, go,

taking time, I do not know.

Days, weeks, months flee quickly by,

no matter how hard that I try,

to savor each and every bit,

more and more, I cannot fit.

I dream of days, slow and calm,

ones without a single qualm.

Love and kindness fill the air,

patient, tender, always fair.

Holding hands, we will explore,

the world, it offers so much more.

Splendor, fun, and learning too,

limitless things that we could do.

More time with loved ones we would share,

soaking in the moments with special care.

This life I dream, may not be,

achieved until eternity.

- Michelle Penland

No comments:

Post a Comment