Monday, April 13, 2020

In my dreams

By Amber Deyuliis

In my dreams, I’m somewhere in the ocean.
I’m not sinking or floating
Just sort of deep in the saltwater.
I’m not drowning either.

My soaked hair almost flies every time I move my head;
It feels like I’m flying myself
The water is holding my body in a gentle grip,
As if it held me any tighter I would disappear into the seafoam.
The ocean floor looks so beautiful.

I can see colorful corals and anemones everywhere.
A curious octopus swims over to me,
It strangely doesn’t seem afraid at all.
I reach my hand toward the creature which replies by wrapping one of its tentacles around my fingers.
This makes me smile widely at how it was almost holding my hand.

I felt something brush against my feet but when I looked down...
I had a fishtail instead of my legs!
I was actually a mermaid!
It was just like what I had always wanted as a child!
I could finally explore the seven seas with no fear of drowning!

But then I woke up to reality...
Where I cannot swim
And the only water around me
Is a bathtub.

No comments:

Post a Comment