Friday, October 11, 2019

Two poems

By G.S.

Are her eyes blue, like the Atlantic,
or grey and hard, like the Titanic?
Either way,
I am the iceberg
wanting to be touched by her love
to be noticed
for only a second.
Are her eyes green, like the trees,
or brown and strong, like the trunks?
Either way,
I am the bird
wanting to have a home with her
to be surrounded

forever.

Handsomely Beautiful

Dark
Rich like honey
or the boughs or immortal trees
that have seen so much;
too much.
How could I ever apologize
with those dark chocolate marbles
shining with tears
staring at me so solemnly;
so disappointingly?
In those boughs, I am the bird
taking advantage of my resources
and loving being wrapped 
in the protecting branches
who have seen too much
to just be my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment