Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Walls

When you used to come near me
I unraveled, like a sweater
someone worked on their whole life
I hated it.

I hated it when you blew through my walls
When you attacked my defenses
Until you hit vulnerable inside

Vulnerable me

Your spite was all fury
bombshells exploding
Your malice was all rage
but with a smile on your face

I was broken afterwards
The words you threw were always
killing blows

But I hugged myself, patiently
until I healed
until I got strong

and I fought back for the first time
My words were angry hornets
the size of dragons
My fists were steel
solid and quick

I hit you again and again
until you ran
arms covering your head

I built my walls again

I knew you would come back
You always do

But the walls are stronger, now, thicker
and the fists I make are curling tighter now, sharper

I know your walls are no match
and I will

Tear
Them
Down.

-L.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment