Wednesday, March 20, 2024

I love you

Says my heart

I hate you

Says my mind

My heart begins to flood with a warm joy

A child’s laughter

My mind ruminates on the weight of knowledge

The pain of an epiphany

My heart forgets,

The past pains and sufferings, the future regrets

My mind understands,

The hypocrisy and idiocy

So my heart yearns forevermore,

Running in the flower-filled field of no fences

No clouds

No bedtime

And my mind yells forevermore,

Screaming at itself for knowing better,

For needing to live up to perfection

For giving in to the comfort and warmth

And when it’s gone,

My heart yawns and bundles in the comfort of tomorrow

As it knows, tomorrow will bring the same forgotten joy of today

My mind struggles to stay afloat in an ocean filled with regret and doubt

As it feels another 100 pound weight, it must lift to stay alive

My heart

Says I love you

My Mind

Says I hate you

- Blessed Makahamadze

No comments:

Post a Comment