Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Across the Way

I’ll never forget the day I met you

I never knew you were so close, I had never seen you before

My partner at the time knew you, too

And she went up to knock on your door

I thought you were weird at first

I would’ve never thought of you the way I do now

There was a time I couldn’t tolerate you, you were the worst

Now I can’t pull myself away, no idea how

You have found someone new

Because my head is stuck in the clouds

I want to be what she is to you

And I want to stick out of the crowd

I used to see you as just the one across the way

You meant nothing to me, or at least I acted like it

And I realized that was wrong on the day

You delivered the news that this was it

“Never to feel the way you felt,

Never to feel the way I feel”

Never again;

And steal, she did

I think about it every day

Because now, it’s the other way around

I am the one across the way. 


C.W.


No comments:

Post a Comment