Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Figure in white

By Luke Campbell

Figure in white I’ve done all I could.
Cut the ropes that pulled me above the
Surface and let me sink with my chains
That keep me where I stand and encased in stone

Now the crows wont let me hide and I don’t
Want to shine, deep in void’s shallow shores.
So the sun took me away
To all and everything fallible
                                                                             
In my wake away from the pink clouds
Blinded and buried underneath artificial light
And rotting outside a callous mind
My nerves tightened to a fastened world

Figure in white draw me a new change
Just something to dry out the rain

Now time sent me into the shadowed woods
Without a map, and eyes to see the stars
Now the snakes are pulling me down
Closer and closer,
Until I dropped and drowned

I’m riding a river to the light of everything,
To the dark of nothing when the sun is gone
The water washed my bones awake
To now decay with a bed of flowers

Until the end of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment